Calling all South Florida Culinary and Communications students, sophomore year and above… Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink, one of Miami’s most nationally-acclaimed and successful restaurants, is currently seeking candidates for a new winter/spring internship position. The intern will report to the Michael’s Genuine Brand Manager and Assistant to the Chef, and will support the following efforts:
* culinary and community events, as well as other brand projects
* week-long cookbook photo shoot for James Beard Award-nominated chef, Michael Schwartz
* ongoing restaurant needs
Requisites for the position include:
* currently enrolled in a Culinary Arts or Communications undergraduate program, sophomore year or above, and can accept credit for the internship (it is unpaid)
* can begin on Monday, January 18
* needs to be available to work from the restaurant back office in the Miami Design District at least two full days (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.) per week
* savviness with respect to local/national food trends, pop culture, and social and traditional media
* needs to have a laptop, cell phone, and transportation (we will reimburse all expenses, including gas and parking)
* handy with a digital camera
* command of Internet, including Google and Google News searching, and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
We’re looking for someone who is a team player, self-motivator, and detail-oriented with a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and a love of fresh, simple, and pure food!
Please send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.