Sure our restaurants are where the magic happens, but did you know that our back office has some action of its own going down? Above the quaint little courtyard of Always Flowers, 50 Northeast 39th Street houses Michael, our bookkeeping department, Director of Operations Charles Bell (he also has a desk in the Miami restaurant mezzanine,) two boar busts named Carlos and Pedro, and a few other new faces that it’s time to introduce. Ellie Groden, whom you may know already for her kick butt writing skills and Italian sensibility, joined us a few months ago as Chef’s assistant and is my office mate, and this summer we have welcomed two bright new additions — Victoria Calleja and Junior Navarez. Again, I have lucked out with smart and responsible interns, thanks to good referrals. Forager Ali Lauria found Ellie, her longtime family friend. Victoria comes to us on the recommendation of Mark Kuller (Proof and Estadio, D.C.; husband of Whisk Gourmet’s Kristin Connor) and Junior, a peer at Miami Ad School of Renata Herminio, our longtime graphics design intern now studying in Berlin for her ‘Greenhouse’! (She’s doing great by the way and sent us an email the other week that made us giggle. We’ll post a little story on her adventures in Bratwurst, Currywurst, Shnitzel, Spaetzle, and Strudel abroad here soon…) Learn a little more about the additions to our growing stable via the questionnaire below:
Looking for Something? Search Here.
- Summertime. And the Garden is Solarized.
- All the World's a Stage, The Genuine Cooks Merely Players
- Thank God It's....LYCHEE Season!!!
- It's Brunch Cocktail Time: The Ultimate Kimchi Concoction, Bloody Mary with Florida Rock Shrimp
- Hello My Name Is... Ingrid Schlichtmann, Manager
- Settling the Score: A Wine List Tribute to the Late Pedro López de Heredia
- Hello My Name Is... Todd Webster, Sous Chef
- The finished product with rapini and toasted bread crumbs. No cheese! (It actually needed cheese, but… instagram.com/p/ZnNcWvRR_t/ 8 hours ago
- sgm305 working the black garlic! And I always thought it was a variety #fermentation @chefsawyer… instagram.com/p/ZoFXMWDNTk/ 39 minutes ago
- Wish I could bring this boy to play w your boys mestop !!!! 🐒⛄ instagram.com/p/ZnvV4pssGo/ 3 hours ago
- So excited for @bjseidel & @heidiladell @PopUpRepublic: We hear @CEVICHEPROJECT's next #event in #LA will be @ The Writer's Room w/ @Ht_Lmn 10 hours ago
- A friend was due in at 10pm via aeroplane. Currently in Ft. Myers to refuel and will get back in air to circle and try to land in this storm 1 day ago
- Follow @harryspizzeria
- Artichokes working earlier for Pan Roasted Black Grouper, our local fish in its short late… instagram.com/p/ZluUNPRar3/ 22 hours ago
- RT @beardfoundation: We’re almost ready to roll at Lincoln Center! You can watch JBF Awards ceremony live at jamesbeard.org! #jbfa 2 weeks ago
- off from work 2morrow? Join us 4 Indian Tuesday 2night! 3course family style meal only 30 ci @CamanaBay @chefttennant http://t.co/eogNJnstk7 1 day ago
- Follow @chefttennant
- RT @MGHomeBrew: Drink it! RT @elliesara: "Look what I found!" @charlesdbell @sbeCollection @chefmschwartz @rmsatraleigh Martini Bar http://… 1 month ago