Snap, crackle, pop! It’s not Rice Crispies, but Jamie’s warm spiced pumpkin seeds, fresh from the oven in his 150 Central Park galley — a Hedy Goldsmith recipe! After four delicious nights serving the first of Michael’s debut farm-to-ship menus, the “Farmstead,” aboard the Oasis of the Seas, “Greenhouse” rolled out yesterday and will run through our last dinner service tomorrow night before we arrive back in Port Everglades on Saturday morning. The pair will continue to cycle with each sailing through the end of the year, when our next set of seasonal menus (still in development) adding Teena’s Pride produce will roll out. Greenhouse’s second course is a velvety, sweet-from-the-squash kabocha soup with spicy chorizo, pumpkin seed oil, Swank Farms watercress, and the kicker — spiced, toasted pumpkin seeds. I caught Jamie making them yesterday as his team was prepping for the changeover, and found it hard to stay away from the sheet pan, especially since they came fresh from the oven. The spice mix takes the ordinary toasted seeds up a notch, and we all agreed they could be great by themselves as bar snack, on salads… you name it. The best part is the recipe is super easy, so we wanted to share it here. It’s the restaurant quantity (makes a lot!) but it’s the holidays… Do a batch and store them in an airtight container on the counter for a couple weeks. If they last that long!
Looking for Something? Search Here.
- UPCOMING EVENTS
- Sprechen Sie Riesling? Announcing The Riesling Room with James Beard Award-Winning Wine Director Paul Grieco
- Grand Cayman Farmer Update: Saturday Morning at The Market at The Grounds
- Sparkling Fresh Flavor: MGFD Homemade Sodas include Cola, Lychee & More
- It's Brunch Cocktail Time: The Ultimate Kimchi Concoction, Bloody Mary with Florida Rock Shrimp
- [VIDEO] Oyster Shucking 101 with Island Creek's Chris Sherman
- Land Crabs Ahoy!
- Thank God It's....LYCHEE Season!!!
- Feast Your Eyes: The Razzle of Basel Begins with Artist Karel Fonteyne
Executive Pastry Chef Hedy Goldsmith
Chef/Owner Michael Schwartz
Michael's Genuine Miami
Michael's Genuine Home Brew
The Cypress Room
Restaurant Michael Schwartz
Michael's Genuine Grand Cayman
- Harry spends the day with his friend n friends mom, who sends him home with a baby duck! That just happened! Not joking. #waitwat? #3for$10 2 days ago
- “@harryspizzeria: Thanks @mgfd_mia @jessicaisgross @thecypressroom @summerriesling @ericlarkee Instagram.com/p/m074PioTu6/” #artsncrafts 14 hours ago
- Baked acorn squash w turkey sausage, sun dried tomatoes & parmigiano #buona #brava… instagram.com/p/m1KlBIMsMR/ 12 hours ago
- Follow @hedygoldsmith
- Oh @Spotify not sure how I feel about the changes you've made. So disorienting in the middle of my day, wish we could have had a talk first. 4 days ago
- Thanks @mgfd_mia @jessicaisgross👏👏👏👏👏 @thecypressroom @summerriesling @ericlarkee roel_alcudia… instagram.com/p/m074PioTu6/ 14 hours ago
- Amaranth blossoms from Swank Farms, loxahatchee groves, fl 🌺🌺🌺 instagram.com/p/m0Rc9yRamm/ 20 hours ago
- And ding ding ding a winning pair here! @mtalianoff #doubledown #favorites @mgfd_mia #hq… instagram.com/p/m04msnCGjW/ 15 hours ago
- Follow @MGFD_GCM
- @andreareusing @CamanaBay @ktchntrvwr @chefmschwartz @SlowFoodMiami #caymankind welcome to cayman!! 4 days ago
- #Brunch specials @MGFD_GCM @hedygoldsmith @AdrianaDuranGCM @ktchntrvwr @MGFD_MIA @ericlarkee @GoodspeedRyan http://t.co/ASvQkb9XDX 1 week ago