We have some seriously meaty situations going on in the Genuine kitchens right now, and all the chefs have their hands in somehow. From MGFD Miami’s chef de cuisine Bradley Herron’s fruitful aftermath of a class he took with chef Danny at Harry’s Pizzeria (who gets their own action through pop-up chef leftovers,) down to MGFD Grand Cayman, where chef Thomas Tennant has already cured one and is onto his second leg of prosciutto. That’s where we focus today, curious about the salty, sometimes spicy details of how our island-ensconced chef cures these meats into my favorite snacks, from biltong to ‘nduja. I sat down with chef Thomas to learn about water loss, humidity and other meat-curing technicalities that make the finished products so delicious.
Looking for Something? Search Here.
- An Italian Affair: While Michael is in Italy, James Beard Award-Winning Chef Jeffrey Michaud Shares His Osteria Pizzeria Menu!
- Summertime. And the Garden is Solarized.
- Thank God It's....LYCHEE Season!!!
- Photos in the Field with Foraging Chef Matt Hinckley: Heirloom Carrots in the Soil, Micro Kholrabi, and Beans on the Vine
- Gigging in the Glades
- It's Brunch Cocktail Time: The Ultimate Kimchi Concoction, Bloody Mary with Florida Rock Shrimp
- Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Peaches
- Interview with Penny Parham, Administrative Director, Department of Food & Nutrition, Miami-Dade Public Schools
Chef/Owner Michael Schwartz
Michael's Genuine Miami
The Cypress Room
Restaurant Michael Schwartz
- Follow @chefmschwartz
- Friday night getting started in #genuineland. rgoodspeed's got some new cocktails going on the list… instagram.com/p/ZtbOGwjNZi/ 1 hour ago
- Follow @elliesara
- everyone is talking about The Cypress Room.... including the art on the walls @thecypressroom . instagram.com/p/ZtPnHgFYXO/ 2 hours ago
- @yobetts @MGFD_MIA @GoodspeedRyan @chefmschwartz I close my eyes and can taste already. 46 minutes ago
- Photo: Amazing specials today! Pizza Bianca with Truffle oil, ricotta, mozz, yellow onion Calabrian chili... tmblr.co/ZFarxwljh1rd 6 hours ago
- Tonight's tasting menu dessert: Lychee Coconut Sorbet with Fresh Local Mango & Coconut Macaron, paired… instagram.com/p/Ztg3hSRalt/ 14 minutes ago
- RT @beardfoundation: We’re almost ready to roll at Lincoln Center! You can watch JBF Awards ceremony live at jamesbeard.org! #jbfa 2 weeks ago
- @chefttennant's carrot tartare w/ pickled quail egg on the menu @CayTourizm #delicious #nightoff @CamanaBay http://t.co/tllMb1GyyN 23 hours ago
- Follow @chefttennant
- RT @MGHomeBrew: Drink it! RT @elliesara: "Look what I found!" @charlesdbell @sbeCollection @chefmschwartz @rmsatraleigh Martini Bar http://… 1 month ago