We are currently hiring a summer intern for the TGHG branding team (me + Ms. Ellie Groden, brand manager and chef’s assistant completing her second year of employment with Mr. Schwartz TODAY – Congrats Ellie!!!!) We have some great leads but always like to make sure to put the call out to the genuine audience! So here it goes.
We have had a long line of great interns and summer tends to excel in this area (echem, Victoria Calleja) so the bar is high. We look for the best and brightest, and although it’s not in the guts of our job description below, because it goes without saying, the first criteria is always a love of food, and one in which respect for ingredients is the most important. Some might call it #foodcrazy. We call it fun. Please join us!
TGHG 2013 Summer Internship Description:
· compile biweekly news and calendar reports we lovingly call the TGHG FLASH
· assist in social media for all TGHG properties including photos, posting and engaging with our online audiences
· research and development
· support and coordinate media relations
· help activate culinary and community events, as well as other brand projects
This is a nicely paid position with yummy perks. The nature of the job requires the candidate to be mobile, commit to 2 1/2 days in the office (which sometimes pops up in multiple locations in the Design District and South Beach,) and to have an iPhone. Macbook-ready vs PC is preferred.
We will be conducting interviews for candidates this week and next, with a decision to be made by end of next week! To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chef walking the District from The Cypress Room to Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink.
We are looking for dependable, energetic, reliable, passionate & professional staff members with great attitude and personality for The Cypress Room opening in March at 3620 Northeast Second Avenue in Miami’s Design District! Chef and the crew at The Genuine Hospitality Group have been working hard on our fourth restaurant, and now it needs the team to match. If you are committed to delivering an exceptional dining experience and enjoy working in a dynamic environment then you should apply via email for the following available positions:
- Server Assistants
- Bar Assistants
- Food Runners
- Lead Host
- Sous Chef
- Line Cooks
- Prep Cooks
- Pastry Assistant
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years FINE DINING Restaurant Experience
- Lead Host – Open Table Experience Required
- Full-time and part-time positions available
- Competitive Salaries
- Generous Benefit package
Please email resumes and cover letter to email@example.com. We are holding four job fairs at 60 Northeast 39th Street in the Courtyard one door west of the Buena Vista Post Office: Thursday 2/7 and Friday 2/8 from 10:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. and Thursday 2/14 and Friday 2/15 from 10:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. See you then!
As the neighborhood moves full steam ahead with high end retail development plans, so are we, a few blocks southeast with an upscale, genuine American tavern to complement Michael’s fresh, simple and pure farm-to-table approach at Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink to the north and casual joint Harry’s Pizzeria to the west. The Cypress Room is a nod to this storied establishment, welcoming and with a polished finish in sophisticated food, service and ambiance.
Eric Larkee, wine guy with a fire in his belly.
The Genuine Hospitality Group of James Beard Award-winning Chef Michael Schwartz is growing, and we are looking for a new manager to join our growing team of culinary and beverage professionals at @MGFD_MIA, our flagship restaurant in Miami’s Design District. What type of person are we looking for?
- You’re the type of person that makes restaurant reservations before a booking their hotel when traveling.
- You not only cook at home, but make sure the knives are sharp.
- You know how you like your coffee (or tea,) but not in the “I’ll take a double frappe latte, two pumps of chocolate” sort-of-way, but in way that you question if the grind needs to be a little finer because the balance isn’t exactly perfect.
- Not only can you open a bottle of wine with ease, but you make sure that you cut the foil cleanly, even when you are at a backyard BBQ.
- You say “Behind!” in the grocery store because you’ve worked as a busser, server, bartender, sommelier, manager, etc. for so long you can’t help but be courteous to fellow shoppers.
- The number of call-ins you can remember fit on one hand, and most of those were in High School anyway.
- You smile.
- On-time means late, early means on-time.
- You lead by showing and doing…and showing and doing…and showing and doing…
- Your patience runs so deep you could have been a Middle School Teacher in another life.
- When you were out to dinner last week you picked something off the floor in a restaurant you didn’t work at, purely out of instinct.
- You walk into a restaurant and think, “Are the lights right, how’s the music volume, A/C?”
- You are looking to grow and learn with people in the business that are excited and stoked to work everyday.
- You know how to operate a smart phone, Micros, Open Table, and Microsoft Office.
- You know what an IPA tastes like, you can find Chablis on a map, you know what grape Barolo is made from, what shape a Bordeaux glass is, you have a favorite cheese.
- You want to learn more.
- You don’t count hours. We work hard but we have fun and we enjoy our jobs.
We need another one of us. If that’s you, email your resume with a cover letter to Director of Operations Charles Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org.