Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink, one of Miami’s most nationally-acclaimed and successful restaurants, is currently seeking candidates for our fall brand internship position. The intern will report to moi, the Michael’s Genuine Brand Manager, and will support the following efforts:
· researching and helping to develop media lists and press releases
· support and coordinate media relations
· help activate culinary and community events, as well as other brand projects
Requisites for the position include:
· currently enrolled in an undergraduate program, Communications and English language degrees preferred
· sophomore year or above
· can begin by Monday, August 22
· needs to be available to work from the restaurant’s back office at 50 Northeast 39th Street in the Miami Design District at least two days per week, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (we are flexible as to how the time is broken up)
· savviness with respect to local/national food trends, pop culture, and social and traditional media
· needs to have a laptop, cell phone, and transportation
· handy with a digital camera
· command of Internet, including Google and Google News searching, and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel); intern will also learn to use Cision’s Media Database
We’re looking for someone who is a team player, self-motivator, and detail-oriented with a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and a love of fresh, simple, and pure food! We are a growing company with new projects in the works, a talented creative team, and a new restaurant, Harry’s Pizzeria, opening in the fall! This is an invaluable experience for any aspiring restaurant industry or communications professional.
Please send cover letters and resumes to me to apply. The position is unpaid but we feed you very, very well! The internship end date is negotiable.