It has always been one of our goals to hire and groom young talent, and Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink has always the beneficiary of the new ideas and energy that come along with that. Michael is now looking for the next leader to step up and take the reigns of his flagship kitchen, as chef de cuisine Niven Patel moves on to pursue his own restaurant. What an incredible three plus years he has shared with us. From his commitment to local sourcing – a passion so strong he grows his own ingredients – to his gentle command of the kitchen, Niven has shined brightly as Bradley Herron did before him, helping this seminal restaurant evolve and innovate while always staying true to Michael’s vision. The launching pad for young talent is primed.
MICHAEL IS NOW HIRING for this key position, looking for a leader driven by integrity and respect for his fresh, simple, and pure approach, who can build on and strengthen this established legacy as the restaurant heads into its milestone 10th year of business.
– A minimum of 5 years of kitchen management experience
– A minimum of 2 years of experience as chef de cuisine or executive chef
– Highly organized and fiscally responsible
– Strong leadership and management skills, empowering the success and growth of subordinates
– Passionate about sourcing of product and its utilization in the kitchen; understands creativity is about common sense as much as it is about talent
– Clear communicator
– Works well under pressure
To apply, email your resume directly to Chef at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Genuine Hospitality Group also is hosting its quarterly job fair from 10am-4pm at its headquarters in the Design District tomorrow, March 26. Find details here.